The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

command-key functionality Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
First off, i hadn't used OW for a long long time. I was a hardcore Safari user and supporter. But this thing (5.5.3) is amazing! Great job!

Second, the feature request :)
Two things that bother me though, things that were available in Safari.
1) Command-click (or enter) functionality: in Safari you could type something in the Google search bar, command-enter and it would give you the search results in a new tab.
Same goes with bookmarks, command-click on a bookmark and it would open in a new tab. This does work in OW, but ... not with a mouse button configured to emulate that command-click. It does however work correct if you use it to click on a link in a page.
2) PDF in browser support, but i'm sure that'll be supported in the future. I know it has been requested before. But This is a great OSX-browser and PDF support in OSX is one of it's strenghts, because it's dead simple and easy to use. So, integrating it in thé OSX-browser seems logical.

Sorry for the elaborate explanation :)
Thanks!