The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Text Formatting - lost in translation? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there, and advanced apologies if this has already been asked - I didn't find it - but when I update a task on the iPod, the text is sync'd back to the desktop with my formatting - tabs, colors, etc - all gone. Obviously, the iPod version doesn't support RTF. Is this a known "bug" that has an improvement suggestion already submitted?

Thanks...

I think this is a known issue and a limitation of the iPhone platform. The iPhone can only save as plain text, so a rich text note will lose its formatting if saved on the iPhone. Note, however, that if you only view the note on the iPhone and don't actually commit any changes, the rich text formatting is preserved and will still appear in the Mac version. At least this is how Ken Case explained it to me when I asked him at WWDC last year.

-Dennis