The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Strategy: Waiting/Context or Due Date? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I have an action item "Call Dave", and then I call Dave but Dave's not in (I know, this sounds like a Cheech and Chong routine) I'd like to have OmniFocus reflect that I've called him and am waiting for him to call back.

One way is to change the context from Phone to Waiting ... another is to change the text from "Call Dave" to "Called Dave" and give it a due date of today.

Is there a preferred way of doing this, or other ways I haven't thought of that are better?

Thanks in advance,

rb

You may want to search the forums for a script called “Complete and Await Reply”.

Would be so useful if you could just tag it as waiting and set a tickler/reminder function that reminds you to do it in say 1h or the next day. Then you wouldn't have to change the context either.