The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What is a aunt task / Relationship & assigning dependencies with parent/child tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am new to project management, and learning my way around OmniPlan.
Could you please direct me to resources on aunt tasks?
Thank you.

An "aunt" task is a peer of the parent of the task. I'm not actually sure where that terminology originated; presumably, it was coined by one of the outlining apps that predated OmniOutliner.

I believe the feminine pronouns were chosen because it was historically easier to reliably determine inheritance/lineage through that side of the family tree.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aunt task.png
Views:	1477
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	2513  

Last edited by Brian; 2012-08-29 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: added screenshot

Got it. Thank you very much; appreciate the help!