The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can I remove all tail indents? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have an outline that consists of a lot of text I've copied from other sources. Some of the items have tail indents. I've been going through one by one and manually removing the tail indents, but I'm wondering if there's some universal way to remove them all.

Any chance you could show us a picture or sample? I'm not at all confident that I understand what a tail indent is...

It's a formatting element that forces lines to not go wider than a certain limit, like forced carriage returns, so if you expand the window, the text won't expand with it.

You'll still need some manual input, but WordService from DEVON-technologies will let you strip or trim line endings from selections (so you could do e.g. a whole paragraph at once, rather than individual lines).

http://www.devon-technologies.com/pr.../services.html

Remove Line Endings (which I use) trims only "carriage returns" at the ends of lines. It doesn't go into formatting and remove the "Tail Indent" formats. Alas.

I presume your "Tail Indent" format results from a difference in right margin settings in the source document and your OmniOutliner document.

For what exists, can you not take one of the offending entries, reset the margin to what you want and make it a named style, then apply that named style to the other entries ... or would that only work in OOPro and you have OO. I've not tried it personally ... just thinking.

The other thing is, when pasting in information from another source, try "Paste with Current Style" rather than just paste.

Any good?

Mark