The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Multiple actions for one item Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So this might be kinda hard to explain. I work at a hospital as the tissue and supply coordinator and I manage a very large sterile core (inventory) by myself. I have several tasks that require a sequential set of actions for each item. For example, I have setup a project in the work folder of "Add to Inventory". Do do this there is a sequence of about 9 steps I need to follow in order for each new request.

Heres the problem and where I'm stuck with how to implement omnifocus. How should I set it up so when I want to add a new that it will fall under each action. For example, when I add something to inventory, it needs to:

Get Director Approval in Email
>Request a PMM item # and build
->Add to PMM inventory management: OR Sterile Core
-->Request SIM
--->Update HSM usage location
---->Add to Par Asset Form
------>Set Min/Max
------->Cycle Count reason code: beginning inventory adjustment
-------->Update HSM pick tickets/resource maps if required

Now some days I'll get 5-10 requests, and others maybe 1. I need to be able to track where each one is in the process, so having a sequential check list is required for EACH instance/new item. What is the best way without having to copy and paste the item into each one of these categories, as it just isn't fast enough for my workflow/job. The way I do it right now, is the project is "Add to Inventory", then I have each of these as a parent, and copy and paste each item as a child into the 9 steps. This seems like im doing it the wrong way, im sure there is a much better solution. So advice?

We've got a feature request open for "Project Templates" that would cover things like this; you'll want to email our support ninjas and let them know you'd like to see this added to OmniFocus. (Requests with more customers attached tend to get assigned higher priority, all other things being equal.)

In the meantime, an OmniFocus customer named Curt Clifton has come up with a pretty slick AppleScript that does the same sort of thing. More info about it located here. Hope this helps!