The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to accomplish 'anywhere' context? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone have a successful 'anywhere' context set up? I'd really like to be able to set a task as 'anywhere' and then have it show up in any context I select. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

That would be very useful. I use perspectives for this, and my "anywhere" tasks go in the "iPhone" context, which I always have with me. It works, but your way would be better.

I would also like this feature

Out of curiosity, what sorts of actions are people putting (or thinking of putting) in an "anywhere" context?

What would you have the behavior be of this magical context that has its actions appear in any other viewed context when you view multiple contexts and group by context? Do they show up as an Anywhere group, or are they anonymously combined with one of the other contexts? Why not just have an "anywhere" context, and shift-click to select it along with whatever other contexts interest you? That way you can at least have the choice of not seeing the "anywhere" stuff if you don't want it. I'd find it pretty annoying to have those "anywhere" tasks showing up in one of my more focused perspectives, but it sounds like I would be stuck with it in that proposal, if I ever wanted to use the feature.