The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Send to Omnifocus? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use the bookmarklet on my desktop to send URL's to Desktop OF as action items. Was wondering if anyone knows of a way to do the same on the iPhone?

It would be great to be able to send the URL directly from mobile Safari to OF on the iPhone w/o having to cut/paste. Instapaper has this feature, so just wondering if OF can do the same?

Thanks.

Last edited by bcalloway; 2009-09-02 at 05:18 AM.. Reason: correct typo

I'll second this request - presently I email myself links with the subject line appended with my Omnifocus variable (--). It's a clunky way of doing it - requires Mail.app and Omnifocus running on a mac at all times, and two syncs before the link ends up on my iPhone. There must be a better way?

What, you don't like the bookmarklet that Omni provided in the latest release to do this very task? :)

From the release notes for OF 1.6 for iPhone:
OmniFocus can now accept tasks from other applications! As a demo of this functionality, there's now an "Install Safari Bookmarklet" option under Experimental Settings (to install a bookmarklet which sends your current web page from Safari to OmniFocus).
I use the Mail Link to this Page option in Safari rather than making my own message as you do, or using the bookmarklet, if I'm likely to add more than one URL. It doesn't launch another application (such as OmniFocus or Mail) so I don't have to relaunch Safari, and with my Mac set to check Mail every minute and sync a minute after a change, I can usually finish up in Safari, launch OmniFocus and the auto sync on launch will grab those new items. If I only have one thing to add, or I want to make some notes right away, then I'll use the bookmarklet.