The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Calendars and Reminders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have been using OF now for a few weeks, so my workflow is not perfected yet, and therefore my features requests should be taken with a grain of salt, but...

A) I can't see why an action created within OF with a start or due date should not be created as an event in iCal - or at least given as an option to publish in iCal.

B) E-mail (or SMS) message reminders for tasks with hard due dates would also be a nice features when on the road or away from the home machine. iCal does this, so it might be redundant with tighter iCal integration...

I guess my issue is that the more simple a 'trusted system' is with fewer places for information input and information retrieval, the more I can trust it (and myself ;).

Both are valid questions and have been addressed to some degree in several different threads over the past year. Here are a few good starting points:
These might not answer your questions, but they'll at least give you some background about what's already been proposed and discussed.

-Dennis