The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Resizing images? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
can I resize or scale importet images in OO for iPad?

Greets
Matthew

I couldn't figure it out.
It's really a must have feature. I couldn't view the entire image I tried to embed.

If your image doesn't fit on the screen, when displayed by OmniOutliner, you'll want to use Quick Look. Tap the image, you should get a popup menu that offers Quick Look, Open In "<some app>", Open In... choices. To get back after using Quick Look, just tap the screen, then the Done button that appears.

The problem for me is I don't want to have a massive image blocking out the entire screen. I want to be able to, essentially, shrink the image on the "page" to a thumbnail and then use Quick Look to show the entire image. Like this:

(Or at least how I envisioned it)

Quite reasonable to want your document to look like that, I agree — but in the original document you're looking at, the images are only 108x100 pixels in size. Fire up your favorite photo editor on the iPad, make suitably-sized versions of your images, and put them in your outline.

Sorry, re-reading your post, I see that I missed the part about still having the original sized image available. That would be new functionality for any version of OmniOutliner, and it is unclear to me that the file format wouldn't need some changes to support it.

In any case, use the Contact Omni command to send in your feature request!