The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iThoughts "Send To" OOiP Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Mac Sparky had an interesting article about iThoughts yesterday that discusses it's new Send To feature. It lets you send files to other apps depending on the export format that you choose. So if you export in OPML you can send it directly to OOiP. The article is at:

http://www.macsparky.com/blog/2011/6...nd-to-app.html

This sounds like a great feature that could make the transition between outlines and mindmaps painless, not to mention the bigger picture of other apps incorporating similar processes. I was wondering if anyone had tried this between the two apps?

Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCowpie View Post
Mac Sparky had an interesting article about iThoughts yesterday that discusses it's new Send To feature. It lets you send files to other apps depending on the export format that you choose. So if you export in OPML you can send it directly to OOiP. The article is at:

http://www.macsparky.com/blog/2011/6...nd-to-app.html

This sounds like a great feature that could make the transition between outlines and mindmaps painless, not to mention the bigger picture of other apps incorporating similar processes. I was wondering if anyone had tried this between the two apps?

Vince
Played around a lot with it since I use iThoughts avidly. It works like a treat. Hyperlinks come in as separate column even. Notes come in as notes. It's quite amazing that it works so fluidly.

Can't say it works so well the other way though that is more iThoughts import issue than OO's export issue.

I'm looking forward to the day when OOiP becomes usable for me so I can take advantage of this feature in my workflow.

Thanks for the information on this. That feature alone will make iThoughts a worthwhile purchase. I just wanted to make sure it works before I hit the Buy button.

I hope that this type of export to other apps will become more common place in the future.