The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Processing Emails Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello everyone. I'm still using the trial of Omnifocus and trying to figure out how to process email tasks.

I was having trouble from my Gmail account, but then realized that I wasn't using simple text - and that seemed to work.

Now, my problem is that I can't get emails from my phone to work. I'm using an HTC Hero, an Android device, and neither the built in Mail app or the Gmail app seem to be working. Apparently they're not formatting the emails in simple text, and it doesn't appear to be an option to make them do so.

I have tried setting the preferences in Omnifocus to process "--" in the subject line as well as "+omnifocus" in the address. But neither of these work.

Seeing as how this is sort of essential for me to use this program effectively, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-Travis

Ok, I found a bit of a workaround for this.

The Android app "K9" sends emails in a format that works well with the Mail rules. It's a bit cumbersome to use another email program, but what I did was setup an email address SOLELY for this purpose. That way I'm not getting duplicate emails delivered to my phone.

This allows me to fire off anything to my inbox from my phone, since I do not have the benefit of the Omnifocus app for the iPhone.

For what it's worth, I noticed that the "+omnifocus" works with some hosts and not others. If you haven't yet tried a gmail account with it, definitely do. I send all my OF emails to myemail+omnifocus@gmail.com and it works like magic. Of course, the email address I put in the Allowed From addresses in the OF preferences is still just myemail@gmail.com. Not sure if this is something you tried already or not, but would be great to hear if it helps at all. Good luck! - Nathan

@traviswf How did you get k9 to send to mail? Was there a template you used? If so, can you reply with directions on how to do this? Thanks!