The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Due Soon" And "Overdue" Growl Notifications Not Displaying Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am new to Growl, and after installing it yesterday, Growl does display a notification when an automatic backup is created, but does not notify "Due Soon" or "Overdue" tasks. I have the preferences set up exactly the same for all three types of notifications.

Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Jay

The notifications are state transition triggered, so you'll only see a Due Soon or Overdue (or Start) notification when the action/project becomes Due Soon or Overdue (or Available). If it was already Due Soon or Overdue (or Available) when you started up OmniFocus, you won't get a notification. Also, if you don't tell Growl to keep the notifications on the screen, they won't stick around more than a few seconds. I find it very useful to set it to keep them, because if you click on the icon in the notification for the application that sent it, you'll be taken to that application, and in the case of OmniFocus, you'll be taken right to the action, as long as you aren't bitten by a bug involving focused windows.