The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Shape Union Bug? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm doing a floor plan, and have several room rectangles and several connecting door rectangles that overlap from room to room.

I can "union" the rooms together until they reach a certain size, then the union stops working.

You can repeat it by doing this...

On a virgin single page canvas, draw a rectangle that stretches from the left side of the page to the right side.

Draw another on from the top to the bottom. You've just made a big cross.

Select both rectangles and perform an "Edit->Shapes->Union" command. You *should* get a nice cross shape with no overlaping lines. But you dont.

Make the rectangles smaller, about half the page size, and try again. Then it works.

Is it just me?

-Jimbo

Just tried it and I had no problems getting the union - A4 portrait page size, fwiw.

Here's a screen shot of what happens with the large and small unions. I can get it to do this repeatedly. :-(

http://sleepless.pleasurepoint.org/Misc/OGBug.png

-Jimbo

I get it. This image is of two unions: the left hand one is one union of two rectangles, the right hand one is one union of three rectangles:

Seems dependant on the width:height ratio, as exemplified in the right hand union - the two "fat" rectangles are fine, the thin one "crosses over".

(OG 4.1.2 beta 1 (v127.2))

No, it isn't just you, I'm having this problem in another context. Yesterday I couldn't union shapes at all, they always overlapped in weird ways. Today I could union shapes fine, up to a point -- then something about the complexity of the shape or who knows what made all future unions not work. Very frustrating, wasted a lot of time. Anyone ever see an answer to this?