The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Always show notes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniFocus' biggest drawback is that it is very easy to lose track of information. This is particularly the case when inserting information in the notes section of an entry. By default, these notes remain hidden, unless you happen to notice the unassuming, tiny grey icon in the very far right of the row. The information may as well not be there.

Can we *please* have an option to always show the notes, no matter what perspective we are using? It can be a plist setting, it does not have to be a menu item, but this is a critical issue for allowing me to use OF effectively. I realize there is a "Toggle all notes", but it is a hassle to do this repeatedly. OF does not remember that I have toggled this setting, and I have to repeatedly reset it for the same mailbox.

To me, the darn thing seems more visually obtrusive than the row handle or the checkbox!

How is it that you are getting your notes closed, do you know? If I go to the All Items perspective and toggle notes so that all my notes are displayed in the only window I have open, they appear to stay that way regardless of what I do as far as switching perspectives or creating new windows.

+1 to always having notes open. I feel like the close themselves when my back is turned, despite toggling them open...

We have an open feature request on a setting like this - attaching your feedback. Thanks!