The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exporting with Styles Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been toying with OO for writing my literature review. I like composing my ideas in outlines. I want to write and reorganise in the outline before exporting to Pages for fleshing things out and polishing. However I haven't been able to work out how to carry styles over to Pages: while formatting is preserved, if I use RTF export, I can't work out how to, say, select all text that was Level 3 in Omni Outliner and change its style attributes in Pages.

To me this feels like an natural integration of an outliner with a word processor. It seems obvious but I can't work it out. What am I missing?

I totally agree with you but the RTF export options appear to be within the main preferences and are very limited and not related to the outline styles that are established.

I use OO instead of a word processor to create complex structured documents as it saves me a LOT of time and is much easier to work with than MS Word. I totally rely on printing to PDF for distribution. It would be very nice to be able to export to RTF with all styles, or chosen styles, in place. I also find that the printing options could be beefed up a bit. I can get by with them, but they are somewhat lacking. OO with LinkBack to Graffle is so much more than just an ideas outliner...