The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quick entry Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I did a quick scan of the Omnj site, a Google search and looked through the forums and couldn't find an answer, so my next step is to ask ...

Is there a quick entry process for the iPad without having to open the iPad version of OF? Meaning if I'm in safari on my iPad, is there an easy way to get an action into OF? Or do I have to quit safari and open OF?

If you also have the Mac app, you can set things up so that you can mail to a specific email address, Mail on the Mac will hand it to OmniFocus, OmniFocus puts it in your Inbox (or even a project/context if you so direct), and syncs a minute or so later. After that, you can sync the iPad when you next launch OmniFocus and pick up the new action(s). See the help in the Mac app for "processing mail".

I prefer this to using the bookmarklet (see the Settings page) if I have several items to send to OmniFocus from Safari (or any other app that will let me send email) so that I don't have to keep reopening both apps—I just open OmniFocus when I am all done in the other app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegibb View Post
I did a quick scan of the Omnj site, a Google search and looked through the forums and couldn't find an answer, so my next step is to ask ...

Is there a quick entry process for the iPad without having to open the iPad version of OF? Meaning if I'm in safari on my iPad, is there an easy way to get an action into OF? Or do I have to quit safari and open OF?
At present, yes, you'll need to open the app. It's not ideal but unfortunately the iPad doesn't have the benefit of multi-tasking which allows the desktop app to pop up your quick entry whenever you need it.

In a couple of months time when Apple release iOS4 for the pad we will at least have the same fast app switching as the phone which will make it much easier and quicker to switch from whatever your doing to OmniFocus and back again without losing what you're doing.

Hopefully the big delay between iOS4 on the phone and the iPad release will also mean there are some more goodies in store other than MT and folders eh....?