The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to review completed tasks? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

What is the easiest way in OF to get a list of which tasks one has completed in -say- the last week, ordered by completion date? I need this for weekly progress reporting.
In earlier versions I used context mode, filtered for "completed", and ordered by completion date. But that does not work anymore.

Roel de Jong.

I don't think you can get what you want in the current builds. Be sure to Send Feedback asking for the return of All and Completed filtering in context mode.

Curt

I just noticed the loss of All and Completed -- today -- This is really, really bad.

- Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
I just noticed the loss of All and Completed -- today -- This is really, really bad.

- Art
When I requested that they be restored, I got a response from the support team indicating that a spiffy new review feature was in development. Maybe we should wait for that before lamenting the disappearance of All and Completed actions from Context mode. If it doesn't do what we need, then we can clamor for their return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
When I requested that they be restored, I got a response from the support team indicating that a spiffy new review feature was in development. Maybe we should wait for that before lamenting the disappearance of All and Completed actions from Context mode. If it doesn't do what we need, then we can clamor for their return.
By that logic, maybe everyone should stop posting here at least until 1.0 is released.

Quote:
I have already lamented and clamored. I can't wait to see the new feature.

Here is what the MOTD had to say:

Quote:
Removed the "completed" and "all" action filters from Context Mode: Context Mode only displays actions from active projects, but when you're looking at your completed actions you expect to see them from all of your projects.
I remember noticing that a while back and sending feedback.

Last edited by dhm2006; 2007-10-13 at 03:25 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
By that logic, maybe everyone should stop posting here at least until 1.0 is released.
I don't see how you derive that conclusion from my remark. I was providing information that I received via email about a specific feature, under development, that I was told would be a more elegant solution for reviewing completed actions. Omni actually asked me whether I still wanted to file my request to bring back Completed and All action filters in Context mode, given Omni's plan. My suggestion to wait and see was just that, a suggestion.

That seems to be different from saying that we should stop making suggestions about the application in general, or about other features that don't do what we want. But I haven't had my morning coffee, so perhaps I'm not seeing your point.

Quote:
[...] Omni actually asked me whether I still wanted to file my request to bring back Completed and All action filters in Context mode, given Omni's plan. My suggestion to wait and see was just that, a suggestion. [...]
Not being privy to that information, I sure hope their vaunted new system does help with recovering from user error and the "unflag-and-complete" problem we've talked about earlier, too.

I have now ceased to use flags for creating sub-lists of next actions. The unvailability of the "all" action filter in context view has impaired my use of the app considerably. Three bug reports later, no word from Omni...

But then, I've already had my evening beer, which makes me grumpy :-)

All the best to all of you,

Klaus

Quote:
I don't see how you derive that conclusion from my remark. I was providing information that I received via email about a specific feature, under development, that I was told would be a more elegant solution for reviewing completed actions. Omni actually asked me whether I still wanted to file my request to bring back Completed and All action filters in Context mode, given Omni's plan. My suggestion to wait and see was just that, a suggestion.

That seems to be different from saying that we should stop making suggestions about the application in general, or about other features that don't do what we want. But I haven't had my morning coffee, so perhaps I'm not seeing your point.
Well, if you simply shared what Omni told you, and left it at that, I probably would have thanked you for the information. As it was, I was in a fairly high state of annoyance already (after downgrading to a prior version to restore the functionality I needed ... ). I did take your 'lament' comment personally (as basically 'shut up' until the new feature arrives). A high percentage of the posts on the board here do involve one form or another of lamenting about features that are in some form or another of flux ... hence my comment, which admittedly exaggerated this factor (by implying 100 percent of the posting is some form of lament) ... . Sorry.

Last edited by otter; 2007-10-14 at 07:48 AM..