The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drop Cookies like Camino Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please guys, let me decide wether I allow billions of companies to write zillions of cookies to my HD.

I'm shocked if I use camino what a bunch of crap-cookies will be written on my HD.

And NO, I won't go down the Cookies already there and block and delete those I don't want to show up in the future. It's too complicated and time consuming. Not to forget those I won't find...

Have a nice day.

I don't understand the problem.

If you want to block cookies, go to preferences and dis-allow cookies. Then (if you'd like) you can set up site preferences for sites which you want to allow cookies, and only allow them for those sites.

Or, you can do the reverse and allow all cookies except for certain sites.

So there are several ways to control cookies.

OmniWeb used to work the way the HeroP wants in version 4.x, but (inexplicably to my mind) OmniGroup elected to remove the feature and replace it with the not so useful current implementation. It was one of the few things that got a lot worse from 4 to 5.

Remind me, what was it like in v.4? Personally, I have no problem with the current implementation. I block third party cookies by default, and change the rest based on site prefs.

You could set a preference to be prompted to accept or decline cookies for sites before they loaded. The current implementation requires you to first load the page (and consequently accept their cookies) before you can go in, delete them and/or choose to decline them in future. The former method was more hassle in terms of being prompted lots of times until you had visited enough of your usual sites for it to not occur very often any more (only when visiting sites outside of your default set), but the latter method means that you have no choice as to whether a cookie gets loaded before you can delete it and is also much more labour intensive as you have to click a lot more to get rid of them once they have been loaded.

Ohhh, I set the default behaviour to not accept cookies (and this site only + forget when quit) and then I turn it on for the sites I think deserves it