The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Authentication/Subscription problems setting up Calendar Sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
love the new ical feature...thanks guys!

i do need some help setting up though.

i was able to subscribe to the duesoon.ics file on my mac at webcal://idisk.me.com/username/Documents/DueSoon.ics

however, i can't seem to subscribe to the calendar on my iPhone. i sent the link to myself via email and when i tap on it, it asks me for my login/password but it doesn't seem to be able to subscribe to it. while not an OF issue, wondering if anyone has been able to subscribe to the DueSoon.ics calendar on their iphone?

Set it up in the preferences of OmniFocus 1.5.2 and you will be subscribed to the calendar on the iPhone.

thanks greg. but i must be missing something as nothing is in my iphone calendar. and now i seem to have problems with the subscribed calendar on my mac side. it seems to be a mobileme problem but maybe you might be able to help?

1. i set up sync on in OF 1.5.2 and synchronized.
2. i subscribed on my desktop to webcal://idisk.me.com/username/Documents/DueSoon.ics
3. it synced fine and my DueSoon items from OF showed up.
4. i sent the link to my iphone via email
5. clicked the link and the authentication screen popped up. i entered in my mobileme login/password but it said authentication failed.
6. when i refresh my desktop ical OF calendar, it fails and gives me a "The server "idisk.me.com" rejected your login or password.

Any ideas on what's up with the webdav authentication?

Sigh.

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like you might be skipping over the subscribe step on the iPhone. It might be helpful to delete the subscription on the Mac side and go into OF 1.5.2 preferences and turn the Due Soon export slider to Off. Just to be safe, I'd sync, and quit OF 1.5.2.

Then, launch OF 1.5.2 and go back into preferences. Turn the Due Soon export slider back on, and OF will inform you that it needs to sync the calendar. Once sync is complete, the button text will change to 'Subscribe in Calendar'. Click on this and you will be prompted for your username and password. Enter the info and you should be subscribed to the calendar on the iPhone.

Then go to iCal and subscribe there, and you should be all set. Assuming one syncs to MobileMe, the URL for iCal on the Mac side should be exactly what appears in your OF Preferences>Sync>MobileMe>Location field + 'DueSoon.ics' added to the end.

(https://idisk.me.com/<yourMobileMeUsername>/Documents/DueSoon.ics)

Last edited by Greg Jones; 2009-07-22 at 10:31 AM..

Greg Jones...THANK YOU. You've been amazingly helpful.

I don't know why but the 'Subscribe in Calendar' never showed up in my initial setup on 1.5.2. But, after following your directions, it showed up and now the OF reminders are all in my iphone calendar.

Your instructions for subscribing on the Mac side was also spot-on. After following it, my problems with webdav authentication were solved.

Again, thank you so much for your quick and helpful reply. It saved me from pulling out my hair for the next couple hours.

Glad to help!

I'm really liking the recent changes to OF for the iPhone-very useful. Now to just get Perspectives implemented...

Ok, I've turned on the calendar export, but I'm getting the same issue when I try to subscribe with my iPhone. I put in my MobileMe credentials and it say that I can't subscribe to that calendar.
In addition, if I look on my iDisk, I don't even see the file there. Is there a log before it starts to create that calendar or is it instantaneous?

Thanks....

UPDATE - Ok, I have no idea what happened but I just tried it again and it worked.

I am having trouble actually subscribing to my calendar. I am using MobileMe, but when I try to connect to the calendar (in OF settings) I get prompted for my username and password, but after entering it (username@me.com), it always give the message "Could not subscribe to the calendar "DueSoon.ics" from "idisk.me.com"."

Clearly I am missing something obvious.

If I leave out the @me.com part it just gives me the username/password prompt again.

If more information helps, my ics file and my OF file live in the Documents folder in the root of my idisk. I can open the ics file in iCal on the desktop without any problems (and now am getting reminders on my dekstop).