The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to 'Inspect' on the iPad?: I specifically want the 'date added' Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use the inspector all the time on Omnifocus for Mac. I like checking out the 'date added' when it seems like I'm dragging my feet on a task.

Is there a way to view this on the iPad? I can't seem to figure it out.

Oops, wrong fourm. Somehow I got into Omnigraffle. I'll repost in the iPad forum.

I use the inspector all the time on Omnifocus for Mac. I like checking out the 'date added' when it seems like I'm dragging my feet on a task.

Is there a way to view this on the iPad? I can't seem to figure it out.

No, there's no direct way to view that for a selected action at the moment on the iPad. However, you can make a context mode perspective on the Mac that groups and sorts by date added, which will give you a day-by-day listing of your actions by date added on the iPad when you sync the perspective over.

This doesn't help you find the date a specific action was added unless you have the patience to scan the list looking for it (I would suggest flagging the action, which will make it an easier candidate to spot as you rapidly scroll), but it does allow you to do things like find the older actions in your database.

I also like to have the same perspective, except grouping and sorting by date changed, which makes it easier to see the damage if I've accidentally checked something off or otherwise fat-fingered something.

Thanks. I'll try the workaround for now but I'm going to also put in a feature request. I'm really missing full inspection on the iPad.

But at least it's good to know I'm not missing something. So I won't keep tapping, holding and dragging... trying to get it to do something it doesn't.