The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

new iPod Touchscreen and OF web interface Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Well I already have my order in for the new touchscreen ipod *YAY!* but it wont ship until October.*BOO!* I'm looking forward to helping out the OG's test their web interface on them.

This might be the wrong place to ask this question but, is OG going to have to adjust the web interface for the iPod touchscreen? Or will the working iPhone setup work the same? (i'm thinking it should be the same...)

Don't know for sure until someone actually gets one, but I feel pretty safe in the assumption that it uses the exact same version of Safari as the iPhone does.

All I know is it's a horrible tragedy that these Apple touch devices have some weird aversion to task lists!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbell View Post
All I know is it's a horrible tragedy that these Apple touch devices have some weird aversion to task lists!
But having a task list would distract you from playing with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbell View Post
On the one hand, I can clearly agree because it's such an unusual (and noticeable) oversight. On the other hand, iCal's todo functionality barely deserves the term "functional" and I would probably rather use OF's web interface anyway.

What I'd like is for Apple to finally give iCal some halfway decent task list functionality that might actually be worth using as something more than just an iSync conduit and then integrate that into their portable devices. I'm not holding my breath.

Perhaps I am reading Apple's web site incorrectly but I do not see any mention of calendar or addresses for the iPod touch. They only discuss music and Safari as far as I can see. If so any discussion of tasks is premature.

Except that if you look at the picture of the new iPod there are very clear icons for Calendar and Contacts.

(<nerd>Also for Calculator, but I'll bet it's not scientific, and so not very useful. </nerd>)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriciaW View Post
Perhaps I am reading Apple's web site incorrectly but I do not see any mention of calendar or addresses for the iPod touch. They only discuss music and Safari as far as I can see. If so any discussion of tasks is premature.

Yeah it definitely has a calendar built in. Just no e-mail. Lame.

Is there any discussion yet about how to get a copy of the OF web interface online if your main Mac isn't accessible via the Internet? I tried wget, bet you guys can guess how well that went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekLady View Post
(<nerd>Also for Calculator, but I'll bet it's not scientific, and so not very useful. </nerd>)
I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the calculator in OS X 10.4 not only has a scientific version but also a preference for RPN. I still tend to use MathU on my Palm, though, ever since the batteries died on my HP 11C. I hope the same code was used for the iPod Touch calculator.

...Wow, that's a sexy scientific calculator. Why the HELL isn't it a proper widget?? I've been making do with PCalc for over a year now. It's the only dashboard scientific calculator I could find, but it's not good enough to pay 20 bucks for, so I have to keep clicking the Later button.