The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Why all the icon changes? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I like it as well -- especially for the background texture that distinguishes the apps easily from others.

I'll be honest, I like the new Icons, but I also liked the old icons. Does it matter which one I have? No, it's something I tap to get into OF rather than something I stare at. I spend most of the day inside OF.

I appreciate some may have a preference, but is it really that big a deal, or do people just not like change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
valvelifter: Several people have reported this. As far as we know it's not an Omni issue. Here's a couple things that may help get the new icon to show up:

1) Do something that will change the badge on the app icon: complete an overdue task or create a new overdue task.

2) Reboot your iPhone

Good luck!
Thanks Lizard, the reboot did the trick.

I'm fine with the new icon compared to the old I guess... But it's all relative for me when it comes to OF.. Because of the COLOUR. Im sorry, but i really do hate that purply colour that seems to be the OF signiture shade... It's everywhere! It has actually made me migrate to Things a few times.. Always come back though.. :-) but I do have to say that using OF has never been an aesthetic experience for me. If it was, it would be perfect.

The new iPhone icon for Omnifocus is hideous (see also the iTunes reviews). Never imagined something that trivial would give me a visceral reaction every time I see it. Like driving a pink BMW. It would be great to change the check mark to solid black, like the iPad. Much better feng shui, if you will.

Last edited by Salient; 2012-03-17 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: update