The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reminders and Omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I wanted to have a few repeating reminders at certain times. I decided to use Reminders application not to clutter my Omnifocus. It turned out that reminders from Reminders app appeared in my OmniFocus inbox! I tryed to find any setting in OmniFocus preferences to stop that integration and had no success. Is there any ways to stop reminders from Reminders app to appear in my Omnifocus inbox?

It sounds like you've enabled Reminders Capture on an iOS device. You'll need to disable it on that iOS device.
In OmniFocus for iPhone, tap the gear icon at the bottom of the screen. Scroll down to the Capture section and the Reminders row probably says "On". Tap it and slide the switch to off. The steps on iPad are similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
It sounds like you've enabled Reminders Capture on an iOS device. You'll need to disable it on that iOS device.
In OmniFocus for iPhone, tap the gear icon at the bottom of the screen. Scroll down to the Capture section and the Reminders row probably says "On". Tap it and slide the switch to off. The steps on iPad are similar.
Thanks Lizard! I found that setting in iPhone and iPad and disabled. Strange but there's no such a setting on mu desktop Mac :)

There's no setting on the Mac because OmniFocus on the Mac doesn't capture Reminders. The Reminders are getting captured because they're getting iCloud synced over to your iOS device and captured there. (And the setting is per device because if you have both an iPad and iPhone, you may only want the iPhone to capture reminders.)

There's no setting on the Mac because OmniFocus on the Mac doesn't capture Reminders.

sound meter

Last edited by Starc12344; 2013-04-10 at 08:16 AM..