The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MailTags tags passing - feature request Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am a big fan of how MailTags works with OF - the ability to pass the project, due date, flagged state, etc., when clipping a Mail entry to OF is great.

What would be really neat is for the clipping service to pass the tags as individual pieces of text to appear in the Note area of the OF task that is generated from the Mail message. This way, I can use the search function in OF to look up all the tasks with a particular tag from MailTags (until OF gives us tages/user defined meta data, that is :-) ).

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlad View Post
I am a big fan of how MailTags works with OF - the ability to pass the project, due date, flagged state, etc., when clipping a Mail entry to OF is great.

What would be really neat is for the clipping service to pass the tags as individual pieces of text to appear in the Note area of the OF task that is generated from the Mail message. This way, I can use the search function in OF to look up all the tasks with a particular tag from MailTags (until OF gives us tages/user defined meta data, that is :-) ).

Thanks!
I would second this request. Keeping on top of the email load is huge. OF goes a long way to helping with this task, but if we could include MailTags in this mix, it would be an awesome tool.