The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deleting objects -- leave the lines Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Greetings,

I have a diagram with an object that has attached lines. I need to replace said object with a different one. When I delete it, all of the lines attached to it delete as well. Is there a way to remove this object while leaving the lines in place?

Many thanks
--

Chris

Any input on this please?

If you're going to replace the object, couldn't you reconnect the lines to the new one before deleting the old one?

If for some reason you can't do that, you may be out of luck. You might think that deselecting Allow Connections From Lines for the old object before deleting it would leave the lines behind, but that doesn't work. Apparently the Allow Connections... setting applies only to making new connections; it doesn't turn off existing ones.

Or if the new shape is in a stencil, select that stencil in the stencil library, and change the type of the connected shape from the Lines & Shapes inspector ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-05-03 at 21.50.06.png
Views:	872
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	2824