The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Looking at rss feeds Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi everybody.
I was wondering of there is a way to see rss feeds in omniweb, like you can do in Safari.
As far as I can see, the feeds that I get send me to the site and I really like the way safari just shows me the feed and then I pick the one I want to read.

any suggestions?

I liked Safari's rendering, and didn't care much for OW's way. So I started using NetNewsWire Lite. Works good, but it does mean another app running, other than that, no big deal.

Then I watched show 70 on ScreenCastsOnline about Goggle Reader. At first I didn't care for it. Later I realized it was a better rendering than even Safari, and it's in an OW window. So I stopped using NetNewsWire and now use Google Reader. I've placed Google Reader Notifier in my menu bar so I know about new news.

All together a nice package, well, I like it anyway.

mmm. ok. I'll give that a try.
Thanks for the tip.
I do hope the OG will enable rss reading from within OW but the google reader sounds ok.

Thanks again :-)

I would recommend trying the free program Vienna. It's an open-source news feed aggregator, and I've found it to be better than pretty much anything I've tried.

Tried it, but when you can see rss in a web browser I see no reason to open another program just for that...

I've always been a bloglines user, so I'd like to eventually see Omniweb support the ability to subscribe to feeds via bloglines like Firefox 2 & IE7 allows. Camino 1.x will be supporting this too, and I'm sure Safari won't be far behind.

Newshutch is a nice, simple online RSS reader also ... not as busy as Bloglines.