The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

beta invite Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have registered in the beta announce mailing list but have still not received an invite. How long does it usually take to get a beta invite?

I have been a very loyal omnigraffle user for many a year and have recently become a GTD junkie. I would really appreciate an invite if it could be arranged.

Thanks,
-jimbosyn

Invites are going out on a first-come first-served basis. Those who signed up earlier get invites earlier. To check on the current status of invites, read the Status of sneaky peak invitiations thread that's at the top of the OmniFocus General forum. At the time I'm posting this the thread indicates that 9,149 invites have been sent out including everybody who signed up for the mailing list on or before June 18. If you signed up after June 18, you're going to have to wait a while.

Oh wow. I was under the impression that after you signed up you would receive an invite with the download instructions. Sorry for the useless post. Next time I'll be sure to RTFM.

Thanks for your help,
-jimbosyn

I think Omni just doesn't want to be completely inundated with bug reports at this early stage in development. If they had 14,000 people all sending in the same reports, they'd get buried pretty fast and they'd have to spend as much time managing the email inflow as actually fixing the bugs.

Once they get to a point where there are fewer bugs and the interface and feature set are more stable, then they can probably handle more testers. If you look at that thread, they've actually been adding people at a pretty steady rate. That's very promising news as it indicates the number of bugs is getting low enough that they can afford adding more testers every two weeks or so.

Fingers crossed then as I'm gagging to try OF out. Currently using iGTD but a big fan of the other Omni Apps.

MEP: You're right about not wanting to be swamped with emails. The other benefit we get by staggering the invites is that we will always have some people whose first view of OmniFocus will be the latest build. New people see different problems than people who are familiar with the application.

What's a guy have to do to jump the queue? ;)

Been using iGTD here and got it well populated with my current projects but it's just feeling a bit too 'clunky' for me in daily use. Especially having watched the two OmniFocus preview videos in which the alpha already looks a far better fit for my way of thinking.

I'm sure that sitting here forlornly watching my inbox won't help my mental state one bit!