The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Google map markers are missing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Page: Contact Powers Gallery

1. When the Google Map appears, there should be two yellow markers numbered 1 and 2.

2. Clicking the "show location" links should zoom in and display a large white marker with the name, address, etc.

With OW 90481, there are no yellow map markers and no white markers. (Zooming does work.)

This map behaves fine in OmniWeb 5.5.4, Safari 2.0.4 and Firefox 2.0.0.6.

Safari 3.0.3 behaves the same as OW 90481, which seems to point the bug finger toward WebKit ... unless, of course, there's an error in my customized version of Google Maps code from the Blackpool Community Church Javascript Team -- see the bottom of the source.

I spent some time searching for a clear description of Google Map markers vs. WebKit. Although I found passing references to problems, I found no detail and no solutions/workarounds.

[submitted as formal feedback]

It might be your customizations. I can't find any errors of note.

P