The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problems with formatting when emailing outlines from iPad to Mac and vice versa Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,
I am new to these forums although I have searched for an answer to this problem before posting. Basically I have an outline which I created on my iPad. It calculates my credit card spending. I added a column for notes on the iPad but was unable to place it where I wanted it to go (It was on the right and I wanted to move it across 2 columns left).
I emailed it to myself and opened it in Omni Outliner Pro on my mac, added a column, put it where I wanted it and sent it back to the iPad (I had problems there as well before settling on OPML format) When I open it on the iPad guess where the notes column is? Yep it's on the right. I can't move it.
Any help appreciated
Regards
Peter Clarke

There's a notes field in OmniOutliner, are you referring to that, or a column you added to keep notes?

OmniOutliner for iPad does not allow you to have anything to the left of the Topic and Status columns. OmniOutliner for Mac does not have that restriction.

The OmniOutliner notes field on the Mac can be displayed "inline" (as it is in my example) or in a pane at the bottom of the window. No such option for the iPad version.

You should be able to email documents back and forth in OmniOutliner format. You might check to make sure that you've got the latest version of the iPad app, as they recently fixed a bug in the handling of files sent to the iPad by email.

Apologies for my very slow response. I have created a separate notes column. Thank you for your advice