The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Upgrade to pro now, or wait Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
You can download the upgraded software now and start using it (under its built-in two-week trial license), and we'll email you your updated license code by Friday. (We're already sending them out, but there are a lot to send!)
OK, thanks. Can I kiss you? Or shall I better wait until friday? :)

I'm sure 5.0 is a great upgrade, but I have to admit that I'm disappointed by the cost. I just don't see myself upgrading to 5.0 from 4.0 pro.

Is it me, or is the upgrade really little more than UI tweaks and bezier additions? Seems to me like we're being asked to pay for the under-the-hood changes that they did that didn't really result in much feature enhancement.

Mind you, I just bought OO Pro and I am a huge fan of Omni normally, but this upgrade just baffles me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoughton View Post
I'm sure 5.0 is a great upgrade, but I have to admit that I'm disappointed by the cost. I just don't see myself upgrading to 5.0 from 4.0 pro.

Is it me, or is the upgrade really little more than UI tweaks and bezier additions? Seems to me like we're being asked to pay for the under-the-hood changes that they did that didn't really result in much feature enhancement.

Mind you, I just bought OO Pro and I am a huge fan of Omni normally, but this upgrade just baffles me.
I agree. I would have at least like to seen a price difference for 3.0 and 4.0 users to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoughton View Post

I too, find the price to be a little stiff, but the fact is, OG5 is much better in many ways than OG4 and I need to read and write Visio and that might be worth the price alone.

are the new license codes for recent purchasers of v4 being sent automatically?

Yes, the upgrade licenses (for anyone who purchased Oct 31 or later) were sent Wednesday evening. (It took a while to generate all the upgrades and get them mailed.)

If you haven't received it by now, check your spam mailbox, any auto-mail-filing, etc. If you really never received it (and you qualify for a free upgrade), email sales@omnigroup.com and we'll get it straightened out.

-andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmac13 View Post
I agree. I would have at least like to seen a price difference for 3.0 and 4.0 users to upgrade.
Absolutely. For the first time in years I'm not upgrading.
I've also been a huge fan of OMNI since they started, but I'm staying with OmniGraffle Pro 4 and a sense of disappointment.

I own several Omni Group products and normally upgrade without hesitation. I think the OG Pro 4 to OG Pro 5 is too steep. It should have been priced lower, $54.95 seems plenty. I'll wait for OG 6, I can't afford this one.