The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Want to see "Omnigraffe" in 1985? ;) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am watching the "computer chronicles" from archive.org and browsing Mac/Amiga related things.

Fast forward to 7:18 on the embedded video in
http://www.archive.org/details/TheMacin1985

As a foreigner I never followed Mac scene back at those times but I keep getting amazed asking the simple question: How could people choose MS-DOS over Mac and Amiga?

BTW watch other episodes if you can, there is a treasure there for computer history.

Last edited by Ilgaz; 2008-03-09 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: added screenshot

Cool video! Thanks.

A lot of people picked DOS machines because they were heavily used in business.

Amigas didn't sell well. If I can recall correctly, they were also better machines than DOS-based PCs.

The personal computer market completely different back then. So was the early automobile market, etc.

Last edited by frankiec; 2008-03-14 at 08:49 PM..

I enjoyed that. It's amazing how much things have changed.

I'm just glad the fashions have changed since then. That and the fact the Mac is still around (and doing very well).

It was interesting to see how the old concepts developed into what we have today.