The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Two small requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
A request for two things in Safari I find immensely improves usability:

1) When opening an image in its own window or tab, display the image's dimensions in the titlebar next to the file name.

2) When highlighting text, have "Search in Google" as an option.

Both of these things are items I didn't realize just how much I used in Safari, until I didn't have them! So please, consider adding them.

Thanks muchly!

I'll second those requests. :)

Note: In previous versions of OW, you could at least get the image dimensions by viewing the image in the browser window (not as part of a page), and displaying the get info panel. But having the dimensions in the title bar (or somewhere else easily accessible) would be quite useful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floach
2) When highlighting text, have "Search in Google" as an option.
Not exactly what you're looking for but if you hit Command-Shift-F when you have some text selected, will move the text to the search field, you can now just hit enter to do the search.

I third Option #1. I don't exactly remember which browser it was (netscape?), but I would sometimes open up an image in a particular browser, just to get an image's dimensions. I could have used that feature yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
Not exactly what you're looking for but if you hit Command-Shift-F when you have some text selected, will move the text to the search field, you can now just hit enter to do the search.
I think there's room here for an interesting feature. A while back I was playing with the keyboard shortcuts in OW and discovered I didn't use ⇧⌘F, and I couldn't figure out what it did. I realize now this is because I don't use the search bar (which seems redundant to me). It would be nice to have this shortcut search with a user-defined search shortcut, if only when the bar isn't present.