The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspectives ignoring "On Hold" project status? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm having some difficulty with Perspectives on the iPhone...

It seems that when I design a Context Perspective on OF for Mac, and I set the "Availability" filter to "Remaining", only tasks associated with active projects are displayed. Tasks within projects that are "On Hold" are not displayed.

However, when I access this same Context Perspective on my iPhone, all of the tasks within Projects that are "On Hold" are viewed within this perspective. It seems as though OF for iPhone is silently ignoring project status... is that true? Will that change? When? Is there a decent work-around?

See attached images from each platform.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.PNG
Views:	779
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	1625

Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-10-15_1337.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	1626

Yes, I can confirm this behavior on both iPad and iPhone apps. Good catch! Be sure to send in a bug report with Send Feedback on the settings page.

It isn't as bad as it might be — it does still ignore actions from dropped projects.

Wow, sorry about the trouble here - looking at the development database, it looks like one of our testers actually identified this issue back in 2008! (This forum thread is also only the second time it's been reported by a customer, which is also pretty surprising.)

In any case, I added a link to this thread to the database. (In case other folks encounter this, please let us know - duplicate reports help us direct developer time at the issues that folks need fixed.)

Thanks for the quick reply Brian–

I'm not sure I know how to translate that into an answer to my question... Was that a "we will fix it soon" or a "we will fix it someday"?

Heh, sorry about that. I was trying to provide the info I did have - the state of the issue in the dev database - but not to put any words in the mouths of the folks that are better equipped to answer those questions.

I think I only succeeded in being unclear, though. :-)

I'm not an engineer, so I don't know how easy/hard this would be to fix. That said, I'll be sure to mention this to those folks next time I get a chance.

Thanks Brian–
If you could keep me/us updated when/if possible, it would be appreciated.