The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inspector Confusion! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm tryin to set up my first set of tasks and its been goin well so far.. I have a task that will start today, 11/24 and I want it to end on 12/01. I got that part displayin fine in the gantt chart, but if you take a look at the image below it says the effort/duration is "3w 4d".. how do I get this to display the correct amount of days?

We need to see what values you've put in the Effort Conversion Factor fields. Bring up the Project inspector (cmd-4) and click on the Formatting tab (a display with a checkbox in it). The numbers listed for Effort Conversion Factor are used to convert effort values (kept internally in seconds) into more human friendly values (like 1d, 2h, etc.) If you have set those numbers to be lower than the project work week, you can end up with results that may not make sense when compared with a calendar. If you have your project work week set to 168 hours per week, for example, but the ECF still says 40 hours is a week, there's going to be quite a discrepancy.

Have a look at this thread and see if it doesn't make more sense. Do report back if your ECF values seem correct and match the length of your project work days; maybe there is something else going on.

Here's another question for you: you say your task starts 11/24 @ 6PM and goes until 12/1 @ 2AM. Do you see this task as actually occupying every single hour between those two endpoints, or do you see some worker working on this task for each of the working hours that happens to be on the calendar between the endpoints? Does that distinction make sense to you?