The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Future of OmniWeb? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Uli Zappe,

oh, I just assumed the actual version might be unstable cos there are some reports here in the forums and there are "only" test-builds available.
I didn't run the actual build, only the one a month ago, and that didn't really work for me.
So you'd recommend to give the latest version a try?

Best Matze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumpitz View Post
So you'd recommend to give the latest version a try?
Yep, I do.

I don't say that OW works 100% perfectly, but neither does Safari (or any browser, for that matter). For my usage, I found OmniWeb works just fine since around Christmas.

If anything, once it's running for you, I would recommend checking in the forum before installing one of the (very frequent) updates, because sometimes (rarely, though) one of the updates introduces a new, possibly critical bug (normal in beta phases …)

Of course, in such cases, Time Machine is your friend :-)

Uli

I wouldn't be too optimistic at this time. The last snapshots have all been crashing frequently. I usually revert back to one of the older, more stable versions, after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbert View Post
I wouldn't be too optimistic at this time. The last snapshots have all been crashing frequently. I usually revert back to one of the older, more stable versions, after a while.
Hm, I'm currently using revision 201127 which is really solid for me.

Uli

Yep, that's the one to which I've been all subsequent builds after I found them constantly crashing.

Hi Uli,

thanks for encouraging me to try the test build. Works fine, hurray! (And thanks to the OmniTeam for building a mavericks-OW-version, couldn’t live without that piece of software)

Best, Matze

Hi Matze,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumpitz View Post
thanks for encouraging me to try the test build.
I'm glad it helped! :-)

Bye

Uli

I just want to write and say thanks for reviving OmniWeb and posting text builds for Mavericks. It's the only web browser I know of that includes the tab sidebar and workspaces. These two features alone help my research workflow.

I wrote today a review of OmniWeb for MakeUseOf.com because I want to encourage other Mac users to try out the browser. I hope OmniWeb will be fully developed. And please keep the tab sidebar and workspaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbert View Post
I started getting crashes today when switching between workspaces. But other than that, the builds have been working okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Zappe View Post
Yep, I do.

I don't say that OW works 100% perfectly, but neither does Safari (or any browser, for that matter). For my usage, I found OmniWeb works just fine since around Christmas.

If anything, once it's running for you, I would recommend checking in the forum before installing one of the (very frequent) updates, because sometimes (rarely, though) one of the updates introduces a new, possibly critical bug (normal in beta phases …)

Of course, in such cases, Time Machine is your friend :-)

Uli
I’m keeping this forum opened in a workspace and will check it everyday. I want to support OmniWeb anyway I can, because I want to see it fully developed.

Last edited by Bakari; 2014-02-11 at 03:40 PM..