The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beta 8 is available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Some new shiny stuff (sorting, pop-up calendars), some less broken stuff. See the release notes for more details.

And don't stress about your beta 7 license expiring.

Great! Where are the release notes? I checked the forum, the omniplan main page, the mini-manual, the help menu, and the dmg, and haven't found them yet.

They're on the download page:
http://www.omnigroup.com/application...plan/download/

(right under the giant link that says "Download OmniPlan Now"

This BETA at first glance - ROCKS!!! They addressed 2 isues \ feature requests I had made:

1) Drop-down calendars for the task list
2) Proper formatting for the HTML webpage export: This now exports the bar list AND the task-list outline

I will post more as I dig deeper.

Pop-up calendars - yay! Look forward to seeing them in the inspectors also ;)

One thought on these: I had a project with an indeterminate start date. When I clicked on a calendar to add a date for a task, it was showing as Jan 2001. Obviously that's not likely to be very helpful, would be better if it defaults to today's date.

Speed also seems a lot better, moving elements around now is nice and quick. The drag handles at the right end of task bars are more intuitive. The wiggly lines for doing dependencies weren't clear at first, but once I got them they were good. However, I notice that I have to unselect the task bar in order to drag a dependency, otherwise I just highlight other items. This adds an extra step in many cases - would be better if multi-selection only applied to the task bar area itself, and if I click/drag on the "wiggles" hanging on either side that I get to drag the dependency. Also, they overlap with group disclosure norgies which seems to make rolling/unrolling less of a sure thing.

AJ,

I completely agree - we need them in the Inspectors also - but I guess baby steps right - seems they did a really good job on this BETA. Good luck with your testing.