The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

URLs in the notes field and high CPU usage? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've noticed recently that pasting long URLs into the notes field of a task (for examples, links that have a lot of querystring parameters, or a link to an asset in another local app like Curio) causes OmniFocus CPU usage to shoot to 99% and often stay there for a long time rendering the app unusable until I delete the URL. Is Omni trying to validate URLs or do something special with them? Anyone else see this behavior?

Haven't noticed it, but maybe I don't use the right sorts of URLs to trigger whatever you're seeing. Can you share an example? Better yet, share it with the support ninjas via Help->Send Feedback...

Interestingly enough I noticed it didn't happen when I dragged in a URL from my browser (via the site icon) instead of copying and pasting the URL of the text. This produced a different font than my customized font for notes ("Chalkduster"). I then tried switching my default font for notes to a more standard Arial, and things went back to normal. I can now copy and paste hyperlinks to assets in other apps (like Mail, Curio, etc.) and it doesn't hog the CPU. That is odd behavior - it doesn't seem to like a certain type of font in the notes field.

Interesting. Might be worth verifying that font in Font Book. Not impossible to imagine that a corrupted font might somehow cause trouble...