The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

File Sync not working Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ok I have two Mac's and I am syncing them with a sync database stored on a mounted SMB network share. Both machines are left on 24/7 and so is the file share server. OmniFocus is running the entire time as well.

I get the message "the client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx has not been recently synchronized" every 24 hours it seems. If these machines are left on shouldn't the syncing be happening automatically?

They both manually sync without any issue.

Check the client display in the Sync preferences. The behavior you report sounds like what I would expect if you've inadvertently gotten a duplicate client registered in your database and it isn't getting synced. If you spot a client that hasn't been synced recently, and all of the machines on which you are running OmniFocus are represented with clients that have been synced recently, deleting the old clients should put an end to the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Check the client display in the Sync preferences. The behavior you report sounds like what I would expect if you've inadvertently gotten a duplicate client registered in your database and it isn't getting synced. If you spot a client that hasn't been synced recently, and all of the machines on which you are running OmniFocus are represented with clients that have been synced recently, deleting the old clients should put an end to the problem.
Thats the thing, there are no old or rogue clients in there. Its my two mac's that I use and want to sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peedy View Post
Thats the thing, there are no old or rogue clients in there. Its my two mac's that I use and want to sync.
Looks like I spoke too soon, one of my macs was listed twice and one had the hazard triangle by it. I removed it so lets hope that takes care of the problem.