The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Due Date Filter? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to simply filter for specific due dates, in the same way that durations can be filtered? This seems like an essential of time management, to easily be able to see, in project or context view, only items due today, this week, this month, this quarter, or a custom date range for planning purposes.
I'm aware of the grouping by due dates and setting up perspectives, but the results are limited and not filtered in project view. A simple due date filter would be fantastic. Any thoughts or am I missing something? Didn't see any mention of this in the manual.

Thanks!

manfromuncle

You mean, is there a "calendar view" where you can click a day or days or week, etc and it will show you what is due then? Nope, but it would be a nice addition!

Thank you for joining this little chat. Yes, I think we're talking about the same thing. In the project view if you select a specific duration, you see only the items that match that duration. This is incredibly, quick, powerful and handy. It would be so handy to have another filter field like the "duration" view, that would be for due dates, so that in a large project or several projects, I can quickly view any items that are due today, this week, next week, this month, in the month of July, whatever. This could be a pop up field, or type in field like "july".
This may go against GTD, but when I'm planning several projects over time it helps to see the overview and what I need to focus on and work towards this month.
Thanks for writing

To make this solution even more complete, I would like to be able to filter only items with no due date, and save that as a perspective.

Rup

just group the items by due date , collapse everything except " no due date " and save that as a perspective , that's what I do , everytime you open that perspective the others are collapsed and all you see is the items with no due date .

Yes that works, but stops you from grouping by anything else.

Mark