The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Error Message: Unable to read document, help please Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,
I've been using OmniFocus for about 3 weeks, and it was working mostly fine. However, today I restarted the computer, and when trying to add an Inbox item it comes up with this error message:

Unable to read document
Transaction identifier 'fBPWc_fN05H (1)' contains the character " " which is not allowed.

The only way to close the program after this error is to force quit it.

I tried by replacing the OmniFocus.ofocus package in ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus by the last backup from yesterday, and it comes up with the same message when adding a new item to the inbox.

Actually, there is a file, inside OmniFocus.ofocus with the name:

20121004140744=jAU4gUs0pYW+fBPWc_fN05H (1).zip

That contains the string with the space that the message mentiones. Just it is of any help to fix this problem.

I have the OmniFocus version 1.10.3 (v77.90.17) for Mac.

Now I cannot use the program anymore and I'm managing all my stuff in there.

I'll appreciate any help as soon as possible.

Contact the Omni support group at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152 from 10-5 weekdays in Seattle. They'll get you straightened out.

The DB was broken. According to the support guys the problem may be that I was syncing the DB with a google drive folder, that has syncing policies that not completely match the OmniFocus ones.

The support service was good. The answered fast and fixed the problem.