The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image import to MS Word Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is anyone able to help with the right configuration, or a freeware bridge application, that will help me put high quality OG diags into word documents. At present, my best option is to export to vision and then 'cut- paste special' into word.

However, after recently returning to Macs after an extended absence, if I can avoid being forced back to PCs for this task (a daily occurrence for me) I'd really like to.

I have tried most of the export options, none of which gave satisfactory results.

thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give.

Have you tried Copy, Open Preview, then do Command-N, then Copy and paste that PDF into Word? Or are you looking for something more like a PNG or TIFF image? Are the backgrounds of your images transparent?

Which version of MS Office do you have for your Mac because the solution differs between the newer (2008) and older versions (2004 and earlier)?

If you have 2008, a simple copy and paste from OmniGraffle to Word should work without any issues. If it is 2004 or earlier, your best bet is to export the images you want from OmniGraffle as a PNG file (File>Export...) and then insert the exported .png into Word.