The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus needs to pester more Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhm2006 View Post
Then think of it as the difference between a putter and a driver. Both are designed to get the ball in the hole in the same game, but each do it differently.

OF was originally based on Kinkless GTD. I like it being essentially a GTD tool rather than some other kind of productivity tool because I like the principles behind GTD. GTD is not just about getting things done, but about getting things done in a stress-free manner.
Yes, OF is based on Kinkless GTD, but my understanding from folks at Omni, is that they want to make the product that will be help people focus on doing the rights things at right times. Given that, even though the core is based on the GTD concepts, the program can be broader in its implementation. If folks at Omni thinks I'm wrong, let me know, and I'll be corrected, and some folks who want something more and different can seek their solutions at elsewhere.

As far as your analogy is concerned, if you ever played golf, you would never dream of playing the game with just a putter or a driver since you would not be able to perform very well. The golf bag consists of multiple clubs that have their own unique use. In other words, OF can have multiple features that could appeal to some people or not others. As long as these features are non-intrusive, I am more for having more clubs in my bag than just carrying either putter or driver.

Last edited by ksrhee; 2007-10-03 at 06:51 AM..