The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Repeating Every Tues/Thurs for next 4 weeks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello. Apologies if a all too common question, I searched "repeating" and "repeating actions" but didn't find anything. Is there an elegant way, say if I sign up for a class, that's every tues and thurs for next 4 weeks, or every day for the next 2 weeks, to put it in so that it's on my due every class day? the only way I can think of that's not too elegant, is to duplicate each and every day which takes a long time...

Thanks!

You can set up a repeating action for "Repeat every 1 week" and then specify the weekdays on which it should occur (eg T/Th or MTWThF). There's no way currently to specify that the repeat should stop. You could put the repeating action in an action group whose due date is the date on which the repeating action no longer needs repeating, and completing that would also remove the repeating action from the active list. This may sound contrived, but isn't there probably something larger you're completing when you stop going to the class, eg "Obtain food safety certification" or whatever?

I typically just set up the repeat (which as Lizard points out, runs forever) and put a note in the action title to tell me when it ends:

"Pick up Tom's mail and newspaper (ends 3/31)"

Thanks, both of those options make sense... much appreciated!