The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What is the column with 10-digit numbers for? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since I can edit the values, I've been using this as a kind of kludge for prioritization, but I'm wondering if this remnant from the alpha days is supposed to be there, or am I missing a label?

BTW, there is no GUI-driven way to disable the column, either.

Screenshot attached.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot omnifocus.png
Views:	604
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	543  

Hmm, I can't even get that column to appear. Can you provide more background? Are you running 1.0.2?

-Dennis

Yes, 1.0.2, but this has been there since probably july last year during the regular alpha-build releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura View Post
Since I can edit the values, I've been using this as a kind of kludge for prioritization, but I'm wondering if this remnant from the alpha days is supposed to be there, or am I missing a label?

BTW, there is no GUI-driven way to disable the column, either.

Screenshot attached.

Thanks!
You somehow enabled a developer preference that let us debug some stuff. I'll see if I can dig up the pref to turn it off.

Thanks! I look forward to it. I'm reasonably geeky, so the quick answer involving some file editing, for example, might be fine.

BTW, I have no idea how this preference was enabled.

I remember back in the pre-release test program, we asked folks to enable the column you're seeing to diagnose some sorting problems. If you weren't in the pre-release test program, though, I'm not sure how it got enabled.

In any case, if you quit OmniFocus, then enter the following command into a Terminal window - paste the command in, then hit return - the column should be gone when you restart OmniFocus.

The command you want is:
defaults remove com.omnigroup.OmniFocus ShowRankColumn