The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critical sync error (cannot sync new items) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I hope someone can help me out, as my workflow is completely busted. This afternoon I started receiving errors that the root transaction could not be found, which presented me from syncing anything between my laptop and iPhone.

My setup is a mbp running 10.6 and OF 1.7.1 and an iPhone running current OF and 3.0.1. Synced to a MobileMe account with idisk sync turned off.

I replaced the OmniFocus folder on MobileMe (deleted, and then synced). Now I'm at a strange state where I do the following:

1. create a new action in inbox
2. sync
3. sync appears to work
4. sync again
5. get a dialog box that says "Replace your database and start syncing?
Your current database will be backed up on your computer, and replaced by the sync database:"

Hitting "Sync" here rolls back my OF on my laptop to what it was before I made the change.

Obviously, this is pretty broken for me. I cannot sync locally nor to my iphone.

Any thoughts? I already submmited feedback via OF.

Thanks

If you are certain that your local database is the correct one, do File->Replace Server Database... to force it out to the server. Then do a sync from your iPhone, and when it says the databases don't match, choose "server" to repopulate the iPhone.

This is a problem that also been documented on this thread: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=13634. A few of us have emails into support ninjas regarding the problem. The work around listed in the discussion thread didn't work for me and doesn't appear to be working for others. Hopefully this will be solved by a software update.

i need to help about use ipad and also macbook pro with omnifocus. i know how can i use but i need to sychronization ipad with macbook.
please help me ?
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttr.hakan View Post
i need to help about use ipad and also macbook pro with omnifocus. i know how can i use but i need to sychronization ipad with macbook.
please help me ?
thanks
You'll need to be a bit more specific about what you need help to do. You might consider contacting Omni's support ninjas by telephone at 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152 so they can walk you through the process. They should be answering the phones starting about 90 minutes from the time of this posting.