The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clippings support Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I was really excited when I read the latest message of the day. I was waiting for ANY support for mail for a long time. However I somehow cannot get the whole thing to work. Was anyone successful? I tried mail, safari and even an old version of omniweb (yeah, it can be a problem) but was never able to get anything into OF.
I suppose I should assign a hotkey, relog and it should work, or am I missing anything?

damn, I knew it! When I post a problem I will immediatelly find a solution myself. The problem was that I was expecting that the script checks for window and not mouse selection.
To get current page in safari to OF follow this steps:
1. load the page
2. select contents of address bar
3. hit the assigned hotkey
4. click save in the QuickEntry window

I'm unable to get Clippings to function properly. I've tried several key combinations, but I get the system error sound whenever I hit that key combination whether it be in Mail or Safari. I've tried using command-option-backslash, command-option-frontslash, command-right bracket, etc.

Has anyone else had success, what key combination did you use? Does it just show up in the quick entry panel? Does the quick entry panel automatically appear after you've clipped? Do you need to select text in mail, or just the message itself?

Thanks in advance.

Regardless of the application, you need to select text first for the clipping service to work.

If you want to capture from Mail without selecting text, you can try the Mail capture script on my software downloads page. It doesn't bring up the QuickEntry window yet--still waiting on a bug fix from Omni--but it can be triggered using Mail Act-On for keyboard-only action generation from Mail.

Curt

I've posted an updated version of my Add Action to OmniFocus scripts for Mail. The new release includes two versions of the script: one that brings up the QuickEntry window and one that does not. The second script is handy for creating Mail rules so you can send actions to yourself.

Instructions are included in the download for using Mail Act-On to trigger the script for mouse-less email processing.

Curt

Curt, thanks a million for the updated script. This works much much better for me :-)

Corentin