The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus auto launches by itself while idle Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
does the backup function of OmniFocus auto-launch the application?

my intention was to keep a previous baseline on my laptop and when I logged back into my user (it had been idle for days), discovered OmniFocus was launched and automatically synced with MobileMe!

good news is the sync went well but this was unexpected behavior!

Do you have an email Applescript setup? That seems to wake up OF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifoner View Post
Do you have an email Applescript setup? That seems to wake up OF.
ah- yes I do.

is this an Apple "feature" or is there something explicit in the script to wake OmniFocus up?

where is the script kept? Look to take a look at it and didn't see it in ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus

I'm far from an Applescript guru, but I do know that it will launch applications that it is trying to talk to if they are not already running, at least in the common case.