The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Font Size When Printing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to print an outline in OmniOutliner, and the text is TINY! It doesn't seem to make a difference if I make it larger or smaller, it still prints REALLY SMALL. How can I fix this?

OmniOutliner doesn't reflow text when it prints, so by default it scales the document to fit the width of the page.

You can turn off the "shrink to fit" scaling by selecting "Page Setup..." from the File menu, switching the top popup to "OmniOutliner Pro", and unchecking the "Scale to fit page width" checkbox. Once you've done this, you'll probably want to resize your window to make sure that it's no wider than one page: as you resize the window, OmniOutliner will display a Page Boundary line which you can use as a guide.

A common feature request is the ability to have OmniOutliner reflow the text automatically to fit on the page when printing. It's a little complicated in the case of multiple columns (which columns become narrower, and how much?), but we're definitely keeping this in mind as we think about future directions for OmniOutliner.

Thanks for the quick response, Ken. I mainly use OmniOutliner for taking notes, so I rarely have more than one column open. It does seem like there should be a more elegant way to print. Selecting a paper size in print setting seems more intuitive than dragging the window size to me. Although I can see someone with multiple columns disagreeing.

Set up a template that is your paper page width. Save it and use it as your default template.