The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reverse sync to iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I need to be able to reverse sync to the iPhone. I have two networks, one is behind the other. So the Mac with OmniFocus on the behind network can connect to the iPhone on the in front network, but not the other way around. I would also be happy with being able to sync via USB but as far as I can tell that is not an option either.

Is there any workaround or suggestion for me?

I asked this before but maybe it wasn't clear. I have two networks and my mac with OmniFocus is on one network and the iPhone with OmniFocus is on the other. I need to be able to sync with the mac TO THE iPhone rather than from the iphone to the mac. The mac can see the iphone network but not the other way around. Is there any way to achieve this?

USB sync is not possible, due to limitations from Apple.

Your central sync database cannot be on an iOS device. You either need to have a Mac which all other Macs/devices can sync to, or a WebDAV server which all of them can see.

It sounds like the WebDAV server could be on your front network, or you could use Omni Sync Server if all your Macs can access the internet.

If this doesn't fully answer your question, please contact us: 800 315-6664 or +1 206-523-4152 or omnifocus@omnigroup.com
(We try to keep up with the forums as we have time, but email and phone are our primary support channels.)